Sunday, September 9, 2012

What am I Gonna to Do? Ima Write About It!


As a writer, have you noticed that emotion... any emotion... makes you wanna run straight to the computer and write about it?

Take this morning, for instance.  Since I was looking forward to the "thick cut" bacon I had purchased at the store the day before, can you imagine my distress when rather than the beautiful, hammy cuts of bacon I had anticipated, I instead ended up with anemic little pieces of fat held together by a stringy piece of fat in the middle!?!

I mean, I wasn't furious or anything.  Just a little disappointed.  But even that was enough emotion to make me hop on my online soapbox and write about it.

So I wrote the manufacturer first, in hopes of receiving several coupons in the mail for free thick cut bacon;).

Then I realized a "Bacon Reviews" section would fit perfectly within "My Big Redneck Website"!  (Not to mention how awesome it would be to make my bacon obsession tax deductible!)

Finally, I realized the absurdity of feeling compelled to write so much about bacon and began to analyze why that is.  Which led me to this blog.

Because when you're a writer, your entire being is to write.  It's not voluntary.  It's compulsory.  You MUST write or you'll explode.  Or at the very least, you'll be gumpy and unfit for polite company.

The upside is you never run out of things to write about, since your whole life tends to go on paper (which is why I have so many blogs and websites).

What can I say?  I love writing!  Now if I could just learn to make a living from it, I'd be golden:)

No comments:

Post a Comment